Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Nate Update

Many of you know that I had 2 cats... Nate and Emma. When I moved to CT, my roommate offered to keep Emma. She's more of an indoor cat, and since he works from home, she spends most of her day with him. She completely adores him and I think the feeling is mutual. I was just the one who fed her and kept her litter box clean. I love Emma, but we decided that he would keep Emma and I would bring Nate with me. It was in her best interest to stay with him (and he's told me how much more social she's become which tells me we made the right decision).

Nate has been an indoor/outdoor cat most of his life in CA. He loved to be outdoors, cruising the neighborhood and killing things as presents for us. But I was really worried about him being outdoors here in CT. We live in a fairly wooded area, with raccoons and hawks living nearby. Plus, once the winter and snow came, I would be worried about him being outdoors. So once I brought him here, I decided that we would keep him indoors as long as possible. He's been able to get outside once, and I think for those few moments he was blissfully happy. But overall, he's been surprisingly great about being inside all the time. I can tell that he'd prefer to have the chance to be outside, as he sits at the window and meows. But he doesn't do it all the time like I thought he would.

As a bribe, I try to spoil him a bit more. Buying him toys (furry mice he loves to chase around, but manages to lose someplace in this apartment within about 10 minutes!), giving him wet food and buying him this lounge window chaise that he seems to enjoy. He enjoys sitting next to the window, looking out at the garden. These pics were taken about a month ago, so the garden is much bigger now (another blog on the garden sometime soon). Over all I think he's happy. I'm so happy to have him here and love cuddling with him. He's such a "Mama's Boy" and I love that!

2 comments:

Flowergirl said...

Awww, where is his cross-eyed sister?! :) Love the picture with Nate and the garden. It's so beautiful there!

Anonymous said...

We all know I'm not a kitty cat person but he looks so darn cute! I love how he's just lounging there.