Sunday, August 17, 2008

In the NYC

Matt and I went to NYC all day yesterday to visit a friend of mine who just had a baby and got married. Melody is a friend of mine from when I worked at PIMCO. I used to work as her assistant, but then she transfered to the NY office and we remained friends. We got to meet Quintano, "Q", her husband and Lucas, her 2 month old son. Both are VERY cute!!! :) Lucas was very sweet... a very big boy... Matt suggested he become a linebacker for USC in 18 years! At one point he got a bit fussy while Melody was cooking brunch for us, so Matt took him, walked him around and talked to him and about 20 minutes later, Lucas was unconscious in his arms! It was incredibly sweet to see Matt so great with him. He's going to be such a great Dad!



We had such a great time catching up with Melody while we watched Olympics and playing with Lucas. We left Melody's about 5:45pm to head off to a Circle Line cruise of the harbor. Melody had suggested that we take the Harbor Lights Tour since they had just gone on it last weekend when some people were visiting. It was from 7-9pm which was great because you start off the tour with the sun on it's way down, then it sets while we are near the Statue of Liberty and then sets as we watched the city lights come alive. It's a bit of a narrated tour with a native "New Yorker" telling us of important buildings and sites, including the "art exhibit" of 4 man made waterfalls. I'm not sure what the point of the waterfalls and what the artist is trying to say, but they were cool to see. I have to admit they weren't quite as impressive as I had read (although I liked the one under the Brooklyn Bridge best), but still they were interesting. Here are some pics from the cruise...










We had a really great day. I sometimes forget how much I love NYC. I love just walking around, taking in the city and the people. I've told Matt that we need to make several more day trips back to the City over the next years, just to walk around. We definitely have plans to go at Christmas time to see Rockefeller Center and the Tree, but I want to experience the City many more times and in each season before we leave. It really is one of my favorite places in the world!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous day. I love the NY pics....it looks like you had a great time! I love NY! Cute little baby too, I can't believe he's already here.