Monday, April 6, 2009

Update

Since I haven't blogged in awhile, just thought I'd give an update...

First, I'm going to be an Aunt!!!!!!! Bethany and Ryan are pregnant and everyone is soooo excited!!! She is due only about 3 weeks before the wedding, so they were really cutting it close! It'll still be a few more weeks until they find out the sex of the baby... she says she wants a boy, so I guess we'll find out soon! My Dad would be so thrilled to finally have a boy in the family to wrestle with!!! :) Bethany is felling really well and has recently heard the heartbeat and gotten a great ultrasound picture!

Wedding planning on still my focus at the moment. I've got the florist, photographer and DJ hired. I made my decision on my dress, but haven't yet officially ordered it... I'm kinda hoping to negotiate a deal... I've got 2 dress shops (one in CA and one in CT) I'm trying to have bid against each other. So far, I've got the dress more than $200 off retail! Our Save the Date magnets have come in and we'll be mailing those out this week... hopefully! They turned out so cute and I'm excited that this is the first step to annoucing the wedding and making things more "official".

Job hunting is still Matt's biggest priority. This weekend we are both being flown out to Walla Walla, WA for Matt to interview with a multi-specialty clinic and for us to be able to check out the area. We are really excited to finally see Walla Walla in person after all the online research we've been doing! We are scheduled to have dinner with different doctors from the clinic each night, so I guess I'm being "intereviewed" too!!! We are also meeting with a realtor who is going to show us around the town and give us an idea of neighborhoods we might be interested in living. There is another opportunity in Colorado Springs as well, and that doctor is also interested in flying us both out for interviews and checking out the area. We haven't yet set a date on that, but I think it'll be sometime in early May. So with any luck, Matt will have a job offer soon and we'll finally know where we are going in July!!!

Matt also just got back from a week in Grenada. He did his first two years of medical school there at St. George's University and this it the second time he was asked to teach in Grenada (he's also taught twice at the school's Newcastle, England campus). Unfortunately I couldn't make the trip... SGU didn't offer to cover my expenses this time (I got to go the first time he taught about 2 years ago), and with my new temp job, I didn't feel I should take a full week off, especially when I had been there before. Matt had a great time teaching, but unfortuantely the professor who asked him to teach is crazy and now he's not interested in teaching for her in the future. Her reputation is one of being completely unreasonable and crazy, but apparently SGU doesn't care and she continues to be the head of the Allergy/Clinical Immunology Department! Hopefully Matt will still get another chance to teach there, but within a different department. He was amazed that all the students have cell phones and he had wireless internet in his hotel room. Grenada is finally catching up!

So lots going on with us and with the Netro family! Please send good thoughts our way for this weekend while we are in Walla Walla!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow..that is so exciting that you are going to Walla Walla this weekend. Matt could have a job by next week!! :)