Monday, April 13, 2009

Our Walla Walla Weekend

Matt and I went to Walla Walla this weekend for his interviews and to check out the town. I have to admit that when we first flew in, I wasn't so sure about this place. It is in the middle of nowhere, but it's surrounded by the beautiful Blue Mountains that still have a bit of snow on them. Of course, I brought my camera, but totally forgot to take any pictures!!!

The Walla Walla Clinic (where Matt interviewed) was amamzing. This entire process has made me impressed with them... from their quick responses to emails, sending a package of information to us about the area, and then paying for both of us to fly out. They set up dinners for us each nights when a few doctors and their wives, set us up with a real estate agent to get a tour of the area and see some houses and were so welcoming!

On Friday, Matt spent all day in interviews meeting with a different doctor every half hour! It was a busy day for him, but he aced them! I spent the day walking down Main Street and driving around town. I was glad that we ended up with a real estate agent to take us around, because the streets I was driving around were not impressing me!

On Saturday, after our meeting with real estate agent (who was so great... she even had a bottle of wine and tickets to the Taste of Walla Walla left at the restaurant we went to the night before we met her!), we went to the Feast Walla Walla (aka, Taste of) where we sampled many wines and a little food. It was great... unfortunately, this area specializes in red wines and I'm a white wine drinker, but we did find a few places that had some great whites. Afterwards, we went out and went to a couple of wineries and ended up buying a bottle.

After dinner with the CEO that night, he let us know that all the comments he's heard about both Matt and I have been very positive. Then he said that the decision on this job would basically be ours... meaning that if we decide to take the job in Walla Walla, they would most likely vote to hire him!!! We were so excited to hear that... and so relieved to know that Matt has not only most likely found a job, but an AMAZING job at that. It's really one with so many perks and is really practically his dream job that we just can't pass it up.

We head to Colorado Spings in a few weeks to meet with one other clinic. This is one is owned and run by one doctor and he's looking for someone to eventually take over his practice. We are going just for a "2nd opinion", but basically we think there is no way he can really compete with the Walla Walla position.

So it's not official yet, but I think Matt just found a job and we just found a new home!!! There are over 100 wineries in Walla Walla so I hope that will entice many of you to visit!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to come and visit you in Walla Walla and go wine tasting!! YUM!