Matt and I are still in the process of deciding where to go. After our Walla Walla visit, we are very impressed with the area and the Clinic. The Clinic has told us that we've got the job if we decide to take it, so it's great knowing that we definately have something.... especially such a great job!
Matt also has been in talks with a doctor in Colorado Springs who owns his own practice with 2 clinics and seems to be very successful. After our trip to Washington, and after Matt talked with several friends, we almost planned on just accepting the Washington offer. However, in talking with the doctor from Colorado Springs, Matt feels it would be best to go out to Colorado and at least meet with this doctor and see his clinics. I understand not wanting to just jump on a first offer, however part of me feels that it'll be very hard for this Colorado doctor to be able to match the offer from Washington. So Matt and I will be heading to Colorado in early May. After going to Colorado, we should be able to make our decision.
Matt has even brought up the idea of going back to California where he could do Locum work (basically Doctor temp work). Most likely this would be internal medicine and my concern is that it wouldn't necessarily be full time work. While I am incredibly tempted to be back in California near family and friends, it just seems like too much uncertainty for Matt to have Locum work in an area of higher taxes, higher home prices (compared to WA or CO) while having to pay bills and loans... also I hate the idea of Matt not being able to practice Allergy after all the years of hard work he's put in. I would rather go to WA or CO for a few years, be able to save a good amount of money, and if we can or decide to come back to CA, we'd be able to come back much more financially secure and maybe even have enough for Matt to start his own practice and not have to rely on a position being open.
I have a feeling we'll end up in Walla Walla, however it's not completely decided yet. There is a chance CO could really impress us, but we'll see. I'm just looking forward to the decision being made so we can start making our plans to move!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Seems like a good problem to have, but a tough decision at that.
Wow..not one, but TWO offers! :) I am so excited for Matt. I can't wait to hear how the CO trip goes. BTW...got the "save the date"..SO cute...it's on my refrigerator as we speak.
Post a Comment