Thursday, January 8, 2009

Happy New Year!!!

Happy New Year and hope everyone had wonderful holidays! Matt and I were back in CA for Christmas and it was so great being back there. Although I felt a little weird... I was back in CA, with my family and friends, but still felt like I didn't have a home there, so I felt a little out of place. We stayed at my parents house, but that's still not my "home" and it felt strange not to be going back to the house in Huntington Beach.

But we had a great time... catching up with friends, catching up on restaurants we miss and just hanging out with family. For those of you wondering, there wasn't any "small box" under the tree... many people kept asking me, and Matt caught a lot of flack from friends and family about not proposing yet. It should be coming in the next couple of weeks, so I'll let you know!

We also got to go to the Rose Bowl game, which was GREAT! Maggie is a USC season ticket holder and put herself in the lottery and got tickets that were 10 rows back from the field! I've never been so close! It was amazing! We met up with one of Matt's boss' before the game... he and his brothers are big Penn State fans so they flew out here for the game. Really nice guys (at least 2 of 3 were... one brother was very anti-social). And it was a great game with USC pulling off the win against Penn State. I've got pictures, but am a little lazy to post them right now...

It was a great trip, but I have to admit I was a little anxious to get home. Even though I don't really consider CT my home, the apartment feels like home now and I couldn't wait to get home to see Nate. We have 2 kids across the street that watch him and they do a great job... even leaving me a "Nate Log" of their daily visits.

Happy New Year!!!

No comments: