This is what the skin test looks like
Yesterday, I drove over to Yale Hospital and met Matt for me test. I have to admit that I was a bit nervous about it. I was expecting a much worse test than it turned out to be. Basically he just takes these VERY little pin pricks of 30 different allergens and puts them on my skin. It only goes through a few layers of skin and the majority of the time I didn't even feel anything. It was a much easier test than I expected, which I was glad about! Then we wait for 20 minutes to see if my skin reacts to anything. The last allergen put on my skin is a histamine that basically is a test for your skin... you should react to it and it should become itchy to show that your skin is reacting correctly. So my skin did react correctly to the histamine, but for the other 29 allergens, I had NO REACTION!!! Matt even asked at one point if I felt any sort of itching because I had no visible skin reaction at all... I made him say it... "I was wrong, you were right!" He was glad to see I don't have allergies, but now wants to figure out why I sniff... Anyway, I don't see any of this as an issue, but am just glad to know I was right!

No comments:
Post a Comment