We ended up at Dartmouth in Hanover, NH (where Matt did his residency). I've been there once before, but it was in April, so it was cold, overcast and not nearly the same. We had PERFECT fall weather... about 70 degrees, no clouds, just perfect. We spent part of the day in Hanover and walked around (Yale was actually playing Dartmouth in football, and won!) Then Matt just drove us all over the place... where ever we felt like going.
We also went apple picking. Another New England Fall tradition. It was actually pretty cool. We went to this orchard where they had "regular" apples that you know, but also had an orchard of heirloom apple trees. They had combined 2 or 3 types of apples into one tree. You just pick an apple off the tree, take a bit, and if you like it, you keep it and if you don't, you drop it on the ground! Very strange, but a lot of fun. And so cheap at only $0.90 per lb! We ended up with about 10 lbs of apples, some of which we plan on trying to turn into apple pie this weekend!
It was a great day. The pictures below really don't do the colors justice, but I hope you enjoy. You really should try to see them in person some day if you can!

3 comments:
Leaf peeping, a great name for enjoying the wonders of nature seasonal showing off!
Lovely pics. Greetings from New Zealand.
K, that just doesn't look real. Are places really that beautiful? I think that beats the ocean view (or maybe I'm just used to it).
Absolutely gorgeous!! I am so jealous...I would LOVE it there. You are actually able to enjoy my most favorite season of all...FALL!
Post a Comment