Thursday, July 31, 2008

Now from Guilford...

Welcome to my blog as I live in Guilford, CT!!!

My friend, Georgette, recently started a blog. I've been reading it and check each day to see if she's posted something new. I love being able to keep up with her and so many of her posts are so touching that they bring a tear to my eye. She suggested I start a blog where I can keep family and friends in the loop on things going on with me (and Matt) during my year adventure on the East Coast! So here we go...

To briefly catch you up, Matt and I made a 5 day driving trip across the US to get me (and my car) to CT. It was my first trip across. There is a lot of flatland, farms and cows in the middle, but also an amazing lightening storm like I've never seen. We visited with family along the way and it was a great experience.

For the last 2 1/2 months, my main focus has been findng a job. It's been surprisingly difficult, but I guess my timing was not good. Finding a job in this market is very slow going. I got close on a couple this past week, but unfortunately, they decided to go with someone else. So I'm starting back over and hopefully something will turn up soon!

So far, my least favorite thing about CT is the humidity! It really sucks!! Even when it rains, you can walk outside and hit this wall of air. As a Californian, it's something that I don't think I'll ever get used to! But luckily, it's temporary and I'm looking forward to the Fall and see the New England leaves change. I'm sure it'll be spectacular.

My favorite thing about CT (besides getting to be with Matt everyday!) is exploring new areas. Often, we just pick a city on the map and will take a scenic drive on a Saturday and check out that town. We love to find a cute Downtown, walk around and see what the rest of the state looks like. Last weekend, we ended up at the Foxwoods Casino/Resort. It's quite impressive and a really great place to people watch. I love driving along the 2 lane, curvy roads where we can see homes from the 1600s-1800s. The history in this area is amazing.

Not sure where we might head off to this weekend, but that's part of the fun. Hope you'll enjoy reading the blog and keeping up with Matt and I. I look forward to seeing your comments... and hopefully seeing you in person when you come and visit us! We've got our guest room ready to go!

3 comments:

Flowergirl said...

Great idea! I am looking forward to reading about your adventures along the way. I miss you terribly but am envious (in a good way) that you get to live on the East Coast for a year. What an amazing experience! Make sure to enjoy the ride along the way!

Mindy said...

Welcome to the humidity. Don't worry, the fall colors make it worth it.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you started your blog. Now I'll be able to keep up with you and your life and see what's going on. It'll be ALMOST like us seeing each other everyday just like the old days. :) I MISS YOU!